Recent Democrat Behavior is So Ridiculous "The Onion" has Difficulty Exaggerating It
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS – The satirical media website The Onion recently complained that the behavior of Democrats has gotten so
absurd that it's almost impossible to exaggerate it for the purposes of satire.
In a recent interview, the Onion's editor Chad Nackers discussed this.
"Look at these examples," Nackers said:
"Our writers are really having a hard time," Nackers said. "Bernie denying Capitalism works as well as Socialism, while he is actively
embracing Capitalism and scoffing at the idea of participating in Socialism himself. AOC being completely blind that she's
a worse offender than Republicans at what she's criticizing them for. Democrats doing the same thing they said proves Trump is racist.
I mean...how do you exaggerate those situations? What behavior could you have them doing that is any more outlandish than that?"
- Self-described Socialist Bernie Sanders says Capitalism doesn't work and Socialism is better. But when it's pointed out that
he worth almost $2 million, and just made a lot of money on a book deal, he replied, "If you write a best-selling book, you can
be rich too.", which supports the whole fundamental idea behind Capitalism.
- Then when someone points out to Bernie that he's rich, but he's not paying the amount of taxes he says a rich person morally
should be paying, he just laughs and says he's not going to pay it.
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez stated that global climate change will cause the world to end in 12 years. She later criticized
Republicans, saying they "try to scare people".
- The Democrats spent the last two years criticizing President Trump for saying that it was unsafe to allow so many unscreened
illegal aliens into the country. But when President Trump says he'll send those illegal aliens to the Democrats' home districts,
the Democrats complain that would make their districts unsafe.
"And all that was just in the last week."
Nackers also spoke about another problem facing The Onion, which is competition.
"Our main competitors are actually CNN and MSNBC. They have much larger staffs than we do, so they're able to put out a lot more fake
news stories than we can. However, we're still able to maintain a high-level of readership because our stories tend to be more accurate
- The Satirized Evening Post
April 18, 2019
Return to Main Page